5 Reasons to choose CHC for your in home care needs
1 Attentive management
- We actively monitor every visit by our aides with a phone based Caregiver Tracking System (telephony). If our caregiver does not clock-in on time for a scheduled visit, management receives an alert on their cell phone and we respond immediately and take appropriate action.
- We meet and evaluate new clients, create a Care Plan specifically for each individual client, and closely supervise our caregivers.
- Our agency owner and our case managers are actively involved in day to day management & monitoring of all clients.
- Our owners and case managers are experienced caregivers themselves.
- We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year
2 Exceptional caregivers
- Introductions – Caregivers are introduced to their client prior to their first visit. They spend time with the client and a current caregiver before their first shift in order to become familiar with the client’s routine. This is an important step in creating a level of comfort for the client. Many agencies do not regularly introduce caregivers to their clients.
- Our caregiver meetings provide an environment for our caregivers to support each other and discuss the needs of our clients.
- We schedule our caregivers monthly (not on daily or weekly “call outs” as some agencies do) so the client has a consistent team of compatible caregivers that work with the same client on a regular basis.
3 Technology that works
- Telephony – Using a toll free number and caller id, our system notifies management automatically if a caregiver fails to clock in on time for a visit. We know exactly when our caregiver arrives and departs a client’s home, and are quick to respond to any issues.
4 Careful hiring practices
- We have strict hiring policies which include: In depth interviews, criminal background checks, RMV checks, health statements & professional reference checks.
- Our potential caregivers must pass a communication proficiency test. This allows us to insure that we are hiring caregivers that can provide a higher level of care and communication.
5 Employee vs. Subcontractor. An important distinction.
- Our Caregivers are actual employees, not subcontractors. We pay the payroll taxes, employer’s liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance & general and professional liability insurance. Our agency is fully licensed, bonded and insured.
“Thank you again for coming to our rescue, for providing the care my folks require, and for being so accommodating about getting them to their appointments on time. With me out of town all day, your kind attention has been a godsend.”
“On behalf of my whole family, I would like to thank you for the wonderful care you provided for my Dad in the past few years. He liked each person who took care of him and he really trusted you. We always felt confident that you watched out for him when we could not be there. Thank you for your kindness and for being there when we needed help.”
Jill & Roger